Wednesday 14 November 2012

SUZI MOORE IS THE NEXT BIG THING!


So it's Wednesday again and the authors and illustrators who I bothered into answering the questions for The Next Big Thing have been blogging.
Suzi has no blog set up, so is hi-jaking mine for a while so that we can all have a good old nose round her head.
Here are Suzi's answers...

What are the working title of your next book?
Lexiland (junior fiction out Jan 2013)
Chosen (junior fiction 2014)
The Magic in the Night (picture book)
Whoops! (picture book)

Where did the idea come from for the book? 
(We best stick to the JF! Ideas for PBs come from weird places - like on a run up to Yes Tor and I got lost in the mist on the way down and I was like er WHOOPS!)
Lexiland  my grandfather had just died. he was a twin. Mum wasn't sure where to scatter his ashes
Chosen (working title) comes from something my husband once said about being adopted and from something he wrote in his column for the Guardian Weekend Magazine

What genre does your book fall under?
Lexiland  Friendship, idenity and loss
Chosen  Adoption, identity and coping with change.

What actors would you choose to play the part of your characters in a movie rendition?
 I really can't answer that!


What is the one sentence synopsis of your book?
Lexiland
My sister died on March the first which was really annoying because it was my birthday, well, actually it was our birthday;  Laura was my identical twin

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
MBA Literary Agents
 Simon and Schuster
 Bloomsbury 
How long did it take you to write the first draft of the manuscript?
My first drafts are very very rough!
 Lexiland - 2 months
 Chosen  - 3 months
 What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
 EEK! I have no idea but my German publishers ( Random House) compared it to A Monster Calls  by Patrick Ness but I haven't read that yet so I have no idea what that means.
Who or what inspired you to write this book?
 Lexiland - A childhood memory, a childhood friend and the fact that someone said I couldn't.
 Chosen - My husband, Exmoor and the words just needed to come out of my head
What else about your book might pique the reader's interest?
 Chosen is set in a place and at a house that really exists - it is as magical as it sounds http://www.helpfulholidays.com/property.asp?ref=F63&year=2012

No comments: