Tuesday 1 May 2012

NEW BOOK ON MY DOORSTEP!

This morning I received my first advance copy of LOLLIPOP & GRANDPA GO SWIMMING. It feels like I just finished drawing this book (so many armbands to colour in...) and here it is already!
I like this story as it is set in a swimming pool, (obviously) which is an environment I am particularly at home in. I have dedicated this book to my best pals at swimming, Sandy and Charlie. They feature on a few pages, and can be seen swimming past the big blue whale. Sandy has been away for months getting his hip replaced with a better one, but I was very emotional when I saw him back in the pool yesterday. He's all fixed. 
I am almost finished with the next book in the series too, but then I have a rest from these cheeky characters. I will miss them.

No comments: